I’m obsessed with all things rose - my favourite drink is rose iced tea boba, my face moisturisers are all rose scented, I drink rose tea every single day... the list goes on! It only made sense that I made something extravagant with the rose Turkish delight that I recently acquired - here it is! Rose Turkish delight icecream with chocolate chunks and fresh, stretchy rose candy woven around the towering blob of goodness. The perfect early-summer indulgence, and the best part is that it takes mere minutes to make!
Consume immediately after making - this is a fickle and ephemeral concoction that simply mustn't be left lying around on the bench top or in the refrigerator! Make only as much as you need and enjoy it promptly.
3 bananas, chopped and frozen
1/4 cup of raw cacao power
1 teaspoon of maca
2 tablespoons of rose water
Dash of @cilkrosewater (optional)
Sprinkle of vanilla bean powder
Dried rose buds (you can find these in the tea section)
A few squares of Pana rose chocolate, 70% dark chocolate or 1 tsp of cacao nibs
1 piece of vegan rose Turkish delight (optional)
- Place the bananas, raw cacao powder, and maca in a blender. Pulse to get the mixture going, then blend for a minute or two until you have a creamy consistency (this will require occasional scraping the side of the bowl).
- Add in the rose water and vanilla bean powder, and pulse once more.
- Scoop into a bowl of choice. Decorate with the rose buds (I like to crush the petals for a beautiful pink sprinkle) and shards of chocolate.
- If you have Turkish delight on hand, stretch one piece into several chunks and weave around your icecream.
- Enjoy immediately, otherwise it will melt!