Imagine sinking your teeth into a peanut butter cup, but instead of gooey nut butter oozing out, it’s fresh, squishy cookie dough! These dark chocolate cookie dough cups are insanely delicious, and super simple too. They only take mere minutes to make, and will last in the refrigerator or cupboard for up to a week without losing their quality.
Here's a quick tip - if you are feeling extra hungry, make an extra batch of the cookie dough, add in 1 tsp of baking powder and 1 tsp of baking soda, split into 6 even balls on a tray, and place in a 180 degree Celsius oven for 8-10 for perfect vegan chocolate chip cookies!
This recipe is incredible simple and takes absolutely no time at all! It will make around 10 cookie dough cups.
250g of 70% dark chocolate
COOKIE DOUGH FILLING
1/2 cup of brown sugar or coconut sugar
1/4 cup of virgin coconut oil
1/4 tsp of vanilla bean paste
1/4 tsp of fine sea salt
Pinch of baking powder
1 cup of buckwheat, spelt, or gluten-free flour
1/4 cup of fresh almond milk
1/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips OR 70% dark chocolate, chopped into tiny chunks
- Take your dark chocolate for the chocolate shell and chop it up into smaller chunks.
- Bring water to a gentle boil in a saucepan. Place a ceramic or metal bowl on top and add in your chopped dark chocolate. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Stir with a wooden or metal spoon until melted. Take off the heat.
- Lay out your cups, whether they be mini cupcake moulds or wrappers, on a tray that fits in your freezer. Place around 1 tsp of the melted dark chocolate into the bottom of each one, or enough to just cover the base. Place in freezer to chill.
- In a small bowl, cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar until the granules are no longer noticeable. Add in the vanilla, sea salt, and baking powder, then stir until combined.
- Next, sift in the flour and almond milk and stir well. There should be no lumps.
- Finally, add in your chocolate chips or chunks and stir well.
- Take your bases out of the freezer and spoon about 1 teaspoon of cookie dough into each, making sure to leave room around the edges for the chocolate. Pour over enough of your melted dark chocolate to cover it evenly, then return to the freezer for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Allow to soften at room temperature for around 10 minutes before serving, and enjoy!